It’s that time of year. Many people want to make a fresh start for the New Year, including me. In writing down my resolutions and hopes for the year in this blog, I hope that they will become more permanently fixed in my head. I’ll refrain from stating the generic ones like exercising more and eating better, which are a given (to me, at least):
First things first! Resolution #1: Love Trumps Logic WILL be available for sale soon! Edits are just about done & it’s a matter of letting go at this point. This release is tougher than seeing my children off to kindergarten for the first time, because my baby isn’t just going to a classroom, it’s going on the World Wide Web.
2) Finish my next Second Wind Publishing book. I have plans to “dust off” the first book I wrote, which is a sequel to Love Trumps Logic. It’s all about Lord Albert Beaumont’s younger brother Michael, the one who is an incredible archer and artist. I’ll incorporate all the things I learned in the process of writing and editing Love Trumps Logic into it, to make it the best it can be.
3) Finish writing my young adult book.
4) Reupholster my dining room chair cushions. I’ve been told (by Google) that it’s a good place to start if you’re a novice upholsterer. I started to do it before my Christmas guests came into town this year, but the volume of staples that needed removing overwhelmed me. I’ll definitely be buying a heavy duty staple remover and staple gun.
5) Carve out more time to study homeopathy. I’m almost as much a fanatic as Lord Featherstone is (in Love Trumps Logic).
And now for some positive thoughts for the New Year…
1) I pray that the friends I have who are struggling with cancer will beat it. Heck, let’s hope that scientists will find a cure this year!
2) I pray that my family member who is struggling to find a job will find one. (And let’s hope it’s in a community college and not a public school, for mental health’s sake).
3) I pray that my husband, who is working halfway around the world in Singapore, will find a way to spend more time with us throughout the year. For all our sakes, especially his.
4) I pray that my elderly aunt who has headaches will find out it’s nothing when she sees the doctor next week.
5) I wish Second Wind Publishing the best of luck with all their new endeavors in the New Year. I’m not sure I can say anything more, so I’ll stop there.
The list could go on and on, but I don’t want to restrict myself by thinking that this is my only chance in 2010 to make goals or have hopes or say prayers. I’ll continue those throughout the year.
Would you like to share some of your resolutions? I’d love to hear … and get inspired in the process!
Love Trumps Logic
Available for sale from Second Wind Publishing in January 2010 J